Thursday, June 24, 2010

#13 on my list

#13 go to the mission in Tucson.

I took the afternoon to go down to San Xavier De Blac Mission in Tucson last week. It was pretty easy since I was down in Tucson for a professional development course on SmartBoards. The mission is beautiful. They are in the process of restoring it. Parts of the outside still need to be done. You can see in the picture that half of it is a beautiful white and the other half is weathered. Either way it is beautiful. I can understand why it is called the White Dove of the Desert. It was both amazingly peaceful and dreadfully hot and stuffy inside. Definitely no air conditioning in a building built 100+ years ago. I was in awe of the craftsmanship of the alter. The people who built the mission definitely wanted to show their respect to God. Glad I took the afternoon to drive the 17 miles to see it.






No comments: