Monday, May 24, 2010

Westminster Butterfly Pavallion

We took Ella to the Butterfly Pavilion when we were in Denver this past weekend. The pavilion a 7000 square foot green house filled with a variety of different plants and 1200 butterflies. There are probably 50-60 different types of butterflies flitting around. Ella had a blast running around and taking pictures of the flowers, animals, and of course all the butterflies. I probably should not have worn a red hat. The butterflies were attracted to it, and if I stood still long enough one would land on me. Which totally freaked me out. One landed on Kevin's finger...he of course was okay with this. Ella was bummed that one did not land on her. She was determined to get one...she finally did. We spent almost 2 hours walking around, it was a great adventure for a Saturday afternoon. Check out out video!

Westminster Butterfly Pavilion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool slide show/video! There is no way I would have went in there with all those butterflies!! They flit it your face! And it creeps me out!

Ella's Mama said...

I was going to just post pictures, but there were just too many. This is a much cooler way to see all the photos.