Monday, May 31, 2010

Successful Experiments!

I love to cook and bake, so I am always looking for new recipes to try out. Some of these experiments have turned out to be good and some not so good. Peanut Butter Carmel Brownies and Mexicali Burgers were successes!















I was watching the Bobby Flay on Throwdown. I don't normally watch the show, but it was brownies...who can resist brownies. After seeing it, I knew I needed to try the brownies!

Ella captured some pictures of me while I was baking. I love my Great Grandmother's apron. Kevin was testing the peanut butter Carmel to make sure it was ok...ROTTEN he said. I don't think we should share!


Dinner is always hard. We get tired of eating the same stuff, so I am always looking for new ways to cook the basics (chicken, pork chops, and ground turkey). I have to admit that ground turkey is the hardest for me to figure out. I remembered that the Biggest Loser is always talking about the Jenni-O site and the recipes that are there and that is where I found the burger recipe!



This recipe called for crushed Doritos....Ella loved taking the rolling pin and mashing them up for me. I love this recipe....5 ingredients!



After making my shopping list, it was off to the store to get all the necessary ingredients! Let the experimenting begin.
Here are the links for the recipes.
Peanut Butter Carmel Brownies
Mexicali Burgers

1 comment:

Mom said...

The Brownies were WONDERFUL!!! And I'm very glad you shared!