Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gosh Darn It!

We had to head down to Scottsdale on Wednesday. Just a quick up and back trip...with a stop at Sprinkles Bakery, Debbie's for a canoe, and a Pizzeria.
Kevin and I like to watch the Food Network. We put the addresses of place in the Phoenix area into our GPS system, so when we are down we can check them out. The Best Thing I Ever Ate had a pizzeria right by the ball park mentioned. Pizza is something Ella loves, so we headed down there stopping and picking up some cupcakes. Of course, they decided to go on summer vacation and were closed. We ended up at the Rose and Crown instead (a little pub in one of the old houses). Gosh darn it....Kevin ordered the Shepherd Pie and it was better than what Ella and I ordered. This is the 3rd time we have went someplace completely new and Kevin's food was the best at the table. Considering his food is usually wrong this is amazing. I was so jealous!

After lunch we headed to Debbie's to pick up the canoe. We are going to canoe down the river from Topock tomorrow. Yippie, I will be able to mark off number 6 on my list!

Sprinkles....wow! That place looks more like a jewelry boutique than a bakery! There were almost too many choices (is that even possible??). Ella and I love to watch Cupcake Wars and one of the judges in the owner of Sprinkles. So when I found out there was one in Scottsdale, I knew I was going to have to make a stop there! They were worth the $10+ dollars it cost for 3 cupcakes...yes, only 3!
For a bit I didn't think we would get there because there was road construction going on at the intersection. Once Ella and I saw the building, nothing was going to keep us from getting there.
Yummy! pumpkin. I think I might have had the best flavor! It is obvious in this pciture we are eating in the car. In fact we were sitting at a Circle K (not getting gas) eating our cupcakes before we headed back to Havasu!
Kevin had a tough time decided between the pumpkin and the peanut butter chocolate. I offered to share my cupcake, so the peanut butter won.
I was surprised that Ella went for the vanilla cupcake when there was a strawberry one. After a couple bites she said she didn't like it. However, when I turned around it was ALL gone. Next time she is going for strawberry.

No comments: