Wednesday, September 15, 2010

#6...BAD IDEA



Sunday morning, my friend Trish dropped us off at Topock Marina so we could canoe down through the gorge. This is #6 on my list of 34 things to accomplish before April. I knew it would be hard, but I thought it would be fun too. WRONG...I cried for the last 3 hours of the trip. Partially, because I was STUCK...there was absolutely NO way to cut the trip short. I was tired, and just wanted a beach to stop at, but because the river was high there were no beaches. I won't be doing that again.

Hour 1...Still happy!
Hour 2...A new stick to play with during the ride. Still happy!


Hour 3 and 4..No beach, lost the sticks...time for a nap. Mommy starts crying!
Finally, a beach, some lunch, and look what daddy caught. Only 1 hour left to go!

Ella was not to thrilled to hear we still had an hour to go...to tell the truth neither was mommy! Kevin said he knew this would probably be a bad idea....next time he promises to tell me NO when I come up with a hair brain idea!


No comments: