Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 3/4 Crafting Challenge

So yesterday I was a SLACKER and did not do a craft :( To make up for it, I did 2 projects today.  Both are ones I had started but never finished. 

Project 1:  Turning ugly owls into pretty white owls to add some decoration to my bedroom.  It is amazing what a can of white spray paint can do.  They aren't perfect...you can see some of the original color peaking out.  Makes them look aged a bit.  3 pretty little owls for less than $10.  Bought 2 of the owls at a dollar store, 1 at Ross, and a can of spray paint.
 

Project 2:  Turning old tuna cans and Christmas tins into decorative storage containers for my master bathroom.  I have found I don't have a lot of storage in my bathroom...or maybe I have too many things.  Either way, I needed to do something.  So, I asked the lunch ladies to save me some of their large cans and I found some old tins for 10 cents at the thrift store.  A little hot glue and some twine from Hobby Lobby and I have 3 new bins to store my "stuff"!  Project total: under $10...and that is just because I couldn't find the twine at the thrift store :)

 
I already know what I am doing tomorrow...actually Ella will be doing a project!  See you all tomorrow.
 



No comments: