Sunday, November 21, 2010

Typical Busy Saturday

Saturdays seem to be the busiest day of the week for us. This Saturday was no different.

It started with me running the Turkey Trot. Cross #7 of my list of 34 things to do. I RAN THE ENTIRE TURKEY TROT!!!! Which might not seem like much after running an half marathon a few weeks ago, but the hills on the back side of Sara Park are brutal! Not to mention running them into a head wind. I just put my head down and reminded myself that I was going to cross one more thing off my list!!!! I forgot my watch, so I don't know my time, but it was under 30 minutes.

Then from there I rushed (probably broke at least 1/2 dozen traffic laws) to Walt's to pick up Ella. We had Brownie Bowling. Moms and daughters were teamed up on each of the lanes. Amy and Katie were the winners on our lane. Ella and I came in last. It was fun and that really is all that matters. The girls earned another fun patch for their sashes. We like the fun patches!! Are next two are for Christmas caroling and making ice cream.

As soon as we were done with bowling Ella and I headed over to Daytona Middle School for Ella's last soccer game of the season! THEY WON!!!! Ella was a little less aggressive then she has been all season. She was more the girly girl she was last season. She had a few good kicks and a steal. Then she asked to play defense...a lot less action happening in the back field.



Next, was a stop by the VFW. A former student on mine was being welcomed home after his 2nd tour in Iraq. I decided that stopping and welcoming home would be a good thing. I am glad I did it. It was nice to be part of something as special as that. I admit it...I cried when all the motor cycles came through the parking lot lined with men and women holding flags. It was an honor to be part of it. Sidney was surprised to see me. The hug and thank you was worth it though. The veterans who were there, were all smiles when they heard Ella sing the National Anthem and say the pledge. She sang the anthem and said the pledge in a LOUD clear voice. She was the only little kid there, but you could see how proud the veterans were to have a little girl there. She might not understand what it was all about, but I am glad she was able to be part of it.

Then it was off to Amy and Tom's house for his open house on his custom wood carved projects. I was able to get something really nice for my mother-in-law Lynne for Christmas. HI LYNNE! Since she is now hooked up to the world wide web...that is all the details I can share on that little adventure!

Finally time to head back home. No time for relaxing though. The floors needed to be cleaned and the house needed organizing (it always does and it never gets all the way done) and I needed to make some white chocolate pumpkin spice coffee things. Super yummy and very easy. I will post about those later. But what I can say, it is cheaper than Starbucks and tastes just as yummy!

No comments: