Sunday, November 14, 2010

Alot of stuff!!

We have been super busy in the Williams's House. It seems that school, soccer, birthdays, and races have kept me from blogging. So I will attempt to take care of 3 weeks of stuff in one post.

Ella had her 8th birthday party on Halloween. I love that we are able to do it all in one night. Kids don't really trick or treat here in Havasu anymore. Most everyone goes down McCulloch and fake trick or treats. It is super crazy and not that much fun. So I am happy to throw a big Halloween Birthday Party for Bean and all of her friends. We do it all...pinata, trick or treating, bobbing for apples, haunted house, cake, and presents. This year we had almost 20 kids who came for all the fun. Ella is the blue butterfly fairy on the left hand side. Can't wait for next year.

Since we were going to be in Phoenix on her actual birthday, we celebrated with the family on Friday the 5th. Ella told Papa she wanted Teppanyaki and Yogurt Paradise for family birthday dinner. So Papa and Oma took us all to ShoGun for dinner. If you have never done Teppan Grill you need to. We were luck and our chef had a good sense of humor and kept us all laughing the entire time. He made Ella feel very special by giving her pretty chop sticks in a little bag and having the singer in the bar sing her happy birthday. Dinner was great as always. Nate ordered sushi (which means I can cross of #22 from my list). I don't remember their names. One was spicy and fruit and I did not like that one. The other was deep fried and I really enjoyed that one. Of course it is hard night to enjoy something deep fried. After dinner the chef brought Ella green tea ice cream. I was surprised how good that was. Then Joe decided it was time for Saki Booms...6 of them because Dad was on call. It has been a long time since Mom and I have tried to chug down a beer. Round 2 went easier than round one. Then it was off for some Yogurt Paradise (it is a close replacement for Havasu Frozen Yogurt), but not before we opened presents in the parking lot. It was a good night!


Saturday, Kevin, Ella, my Friend Trish, and I headed down to Phoenix (Scottsdale to be exact). Trish and I ran the Women's Half Marathon from Scottsdale to Tempe. At the expo Kevin and Trish bought these crazy bands. They supposedly line up all the molecules in your body to keep you in order and get rid of pain. I was not sure about it. Kevin tried it out on me and I have to admit if it is not real it is a really good trick. I wore it during the race and did great, so it must have some value.
Trish and I have been training like crazy for this race. Every Saturday we head out for an 8 to 12 mile run. I knew I was ready to finish in under 2:14.....but I killed it. I took 10 minutes of my personal best in Seattle (2:14) and finished in 2:04:10. When I came around the corner and saw that I could finish in under 2:05 I sprinted for the finish line. I was super proud of myself. I only walked at mile 10 and for less than .25 mile. Trish did great too, she finished in 1:59.

So that pretty much covers the last few weeks. Looking forward to Thanksgiving break!

No comments: