Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mommy & Ella Date Day

I kept my promise to Ms. Ella Bean today....McDonalds and a Megamind. Ella has been wanting to go to the McDonalds since they remodeled...there is a huge playground now. Since we don't do fast food, we have been putting her off. She also has been dying to watch the movie Megamind, but it is in 3D. We really didn't want to do that because she complains about the glasses and it hurting her eyes to watch the movie. BUT mommy gave in and promised her a date day, just the 2 of us. She pretty much started asking if it was time to go as soon as I woke her up this morning. After a stop at my school for some planning and copying we headed for our Happy Meals...with Megamind toys. While I waited in line she headed to the playground. Then we jetted across town for the movie. I was nervous about 3D since I get motion sickness on a swing I was not sure how I would do about 3D. Not bad for me, but half way through the movie Ella said her eyes hurt. Must not have hurt too bad, because she was glued to the screen the entire time. She was happy when Megamind turned out to be a good guy in the end. After picking up ice cream cones we headed home. On the drive home, I got the best thank you....even if it was a little cheesy! "Mommy you are the best mommy in the whole world! We had McDonalds, a movie, and ice cream!"

No comments: