Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crochet failure turned success?

A friend of mine just had a baby and I wanted to make something for the little one. I found a tutorial on the Internet, for a infant hat. It is July and hotter than Hades...so who really needs a crocheted hat. So I found the patter for a 6 month old. I folded the directions...or at least I think I did. As I am busy, I am thinking to myself...there is no way this would fit a little 6 month old. It is way to big! So when I finished I tried it on Ella...sure enough it is big enough for a 7 year old not a 6 month old. So my failure turned into something adorable for Ella. In fact, she asked if she could wear it yesterday. I had to remind her it was 118 outside. I am glad she likes it. Maybe I should make one for myself next.

No comments: