Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tutu

My babysitter (actually Ella's babysitter) wanted a tutu for spirit days at the high school. So she asked if I could make her a tutu in exchange for babysitting. Sounded like a great trade to me.


Kayla and i headed of to Walmart to but all of the supplies. 9 yards of high school purple tulle, gold sequins, and yellow ribbon. First, I cut the tulle into 26 inch long sections.



Next, I cut them into 4 inch wide strips. I don't know how many strips I ended up with...but it was a lot. I measured Kayla's waist (30.5 inches) and cut the yellow ribbon 16 inches longer than her waist measurement. I put a knot at each end of the ribbon leaving an 8 inch tail on each side.


Then, I layered 8 piece of tulle together and fold them in half. Once the strips were folded in half I looped them onto the ribbon starting at one knot and worked my way to the other knot. The final step was to whip stitch the gold sequins trim around the waist (I covered up the knots of the tulle with the sequins).




Then it was time to deliver it to Kayla...she loved it! Can't wait to see her at the Golden Shovel game tomorrow night. And...I already have Kayla booked for the day of the 5th...BEERFEST!

















No comments: