Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ironic!




So I am a blog stalker!!! There are a few blogs that I visit on a regular basis, because something has caught my interested and I keep going back to see what is new.







One blog I found last year is about this adorable family from the Phoenix area (I live 200s miles from there). She is a teacher (I am a teacher) and has 2 adorable kids (I have one adorable kid). She likes food and friends (I host fake book club, so my girlfriends and I can eat and laugh). She likes crafts and thrift stores (me too)! I found her by accident when she linked a recipe for homemade peanut butter cups. Well I saved her blog and have checked in to see what new ideas she has. Sadly, the peanut butter cups got pushed to the back of my list of things I must try to do.




Well....here is the start of the ironic part...since this week is Fall Break, I decided to make those peanut butter cups. Amy decided she needed to get another tattoo...3 birds sitting on a branch. While we were at the tattoo parlor I told her about this blog and the girl...because she got a tattoo with 3 birds. Still not the ironic part...Saturday, I am having mimosas with Trish at Makai cafe. Love that place and love being with my friend. Well....this group of people come down to eat. I tell Trish, that girl looks familar. Then I saw the kids...it was her Jenni from the The Roseland Family Blog...seriously!!!! I was freaking out telling Trish...hey, I kinda know that gal. She convinced me I should go over and say hi. It took me 1 more mimosa, but I did. It was sorta my celebrity sighting for the summer.





I was sure she thought I was nuts. Now here is the ironic part...before I sat down to do my blog on the peanut butter cups and my Jenni sighting, I checked the blogs I follow..guess what I read her blog this morning and she talked about our meeting at Makai cafe...I know I am a dork, but it was cool.




Anyway I finally made the peanut butter cups and some peanut butter truffles! And of course I can't get the blog to work correctly for me...so I can't post pictures! :(

1 comment:

Jenni said...

day maker for sure!!!

thank you so much for leaving me a comment and telling me who you are! i so wish i would have grabbed a picture with you! i seriously was so caught off guard {in a good way} and never really ever thought i would get noticed b/c of my blog...

new follower for sure and if i am ever in your part of the world again, and i am sure i will be, lets meet up!