Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Turkey Trot 2013

I am always looking for something that Ella and I can do together.  So a couple of months ago I signed us up for the Color Dash here in Havasu.  We had a lot of fun and so I thought I would sign us up for the Turkey Trot.  Ella was super excited about it.


The morning of the run was a bit chilly, but we had our knee high socks on to keep us warm.  Ella took off too fast in the beginning...she needs to remember she doesn't run often.  She told me she did not want to finish last.  It definitely takes her a while to warm up...the first 1 1/2 miles she whined.  I thought she was going to quiet...or I was!  After we passed Kevin she kicked it into gear and finished with a smile on her face.  She was definitely tired, and I think she might actually want to practice before the next race. 

No comments: