Sunday, February 20, 2011

I saved how much????

SOOOO...Dillards and JcPennys had their President's Day Weekend SALES going on. Anyone who knows me, knows I can't resist a bargain. I have always bought my clothes on clearance and ad match and use coupons to grocery shop (don't get behind me in line at Wal-mart)! So the logical part of my brain is saying, "We don't really have the money right now." The illogical...it is a sale part of me is saying, "Come on, there is going to be a great bargain!" Illogical WON!!!! And I SCORED!!!!

First up, Dillards...I ONLY shop there when things are marked 70% off. I found a pair of jeans normally $79, marked down to $29. Not really an extreme deal by bargain shopping, but they fit so great! They are comfortable...the waist is not pinching, they make my booty look great, and they are long enough. Kevin said, "$29 dollars for a pair of jeans that fit, or $19 for a pair you don't like." Enough said to convince me that it was ok. $50 savings at Dillads!

Next stop, JcPennys...I love 80% off. I need some jeans and long sleeves for Bejing (it is 19 degrees right now)! So as we are strolling around, I am not seeing anything that I HAVE TO HAVE! Good right...no, I turned the corner and it was like angels singing! They had ALL, yes ALL of their coats marked down to...drumroll....$15.97! I tried an adorable little tan one on...was not in love with it, but it would be good for China. Found a mirror...that, was a chore to do literally! Not in love...I went back to see if they had it in a longer trench style. No tan one...but a grey and pink one. Do I really need 2 jackets? God I love my husband, "Will you wear them? You can get 2 for the price of our lunch today." Then I look at the original price...$250! Both jackets were marked down to $15.97 from $250!

We continued to stroll through the store and found a few shirts in the girl's section...2 for Ella and 1 for me for $2.97 each. Ella got 2 new Rusty shirts...I love being able to buy name brands for super cheap. I got an adorable grey 3/4 rushed sleeve with flower appliques...who needs to know that it is a kid's shirt.

The men's section did not have any deals...I looked, really! So it was time to head to the check out. While in the check out, I remembered I had a gift card! I only spent $15.60 for everything! DRUMROLL....my savings at JcPennys was .....$539.14!!!
So, for $38.90 I was able to get all of this at Dillards and JcPennys! For a grand total savings of $589.14! I know I am a dork, but I am SOOOOO EXCITED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!! That is SO awesome!! Especially those jackets...holy CRAP!!!!! You ROCK girl!!!!! :-) WOOOOOOT!
~Julie :-)