Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break Day 2
























The Renaissance Fair! Kevin and I have talked about going to for years, but this spring break we finally did it. We got there just before the gates opened (along with about 100 other people). Lords and ladies were walking around greeting people. Then the King and Queen arrived with their entourage...we all had to bow for them. Ella was not sure what was going on at first. I was amazed once we walked through the gates. I thought it was going to be a bunch of tents, but it buildings and stages...a regular village. One of the first buildings we passed was a bakery...I stored that information away for later in the day. Our first stop was to the London Broil juggling act. They were funny as well as talented. Ella was amazed! Afterwards we continued around the village, stopping to check out the shops and buildings. Ella met Mother Goose, practiced shooting a crossbow, and had her picture taken with knight's armor. Our next show was middle eastern music and dancers. Ella told me she wants to learn to belly dance now! She has not stopped bugging me to teacher her how to belly dance since she learned I took classes a few years ago. After lunch (roasted chicken and pork shank...No turkey legs for us) we headed over to the rope climber. Luckily she has not asked if she can hang a rope across the porch! How many 7 year olds have ridden an elephant???? Mine has twice! We attended the afternoon joust...our knight won (he cheated!) Check out the wench's sign!!! The last stop of the day was Ella trying to scale the castle walls! It was a long day, but worth it. Definitely going back next year.
















1 comment:

Mom said...

I've always wanted to go to the Renaissance Faire! It looks spectacular! I'm really glad you guys were able to go. I like the picture of the wench! LOL!