Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July Weekend!

Fireworks and Family Fun!
We were lucky enough to spend the 4th with friends (thanks Gary and Kelly for hosting a party). We had lots of good food, pool time, and fireworks.

Sunday was suppose to be a HOT day, so we decided to head up to the Grand Canyon. We stopped off at Bedrock (Valle, AZ) before getting up to the big hole in the ground.
Ella's first reaction after seeing the canyone was "Wow! This is really pretty!" I was so glad that she liked it after making her sit in the car for 3+ hours.
We headed down to Flagstaff for some dinner and a bed. I was amazed at how different Flagstaff was from the last time I was there. Then I remembered that it has been almost 10 years. Monday we woke up and headed down to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. The 30 mile drive took us almost 2 hours because we kept stopping to hike and look at the sights.
Back up the hill and to Lowell Observatory. I loved it, Ella and Kevin got a little bored with all the talking. It was pretty cool to see the telescopes and the camera used to discover Pluto.
Our final stop was the Black Bean, which was as good as I remember it being from my college days. A good weekend out of the 110+ heat!

No comments: